The CEO of Under Armour, Kevin Plank, has called data “the new oil.” DJ Patil, the first chief data scientist for the U.S. Office of Science and Technology Policy, referred to data as a “team sport.” Statistician Nate Silver’s blog FiveThirtyEight is discussed around water coolers, and it seems that every other week, another tech giant announces a new strategy for artificial intelligence or machine learning.
Simply put: Data science is here to stay. There are countless opportunities to join in this technological revolution, and the Data Science Institute (DSI) stands at the forefront.
Dedicated career services support is an integral part of our Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS) program. We’re here to help you navigate the many opportunities in the field of data science.
From building relationships with employers to pursuing personalized career coaching, here are some of the ways the DSI supports your journey toward a fulfilling career in data science:
- Industry-led technical talks
- One-on-one career coaching by an experienced and certified career services professional
- Dedicated employer relations
- Skill development workshops
- DSI Career Week (a curated three-day career readiness bootcamp, led by recruiters and data scientists from various industries)
- Career treks to San Francisco, New York City, and Washington, DC
- Happy hours in various cities, including Austin, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, and Washington, DC
- Data science meetups
- Professional development funding (for conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Career events, such as career fairs, résumé reviews, technical interview prep, LinkedIn and Github reviews, and offer package negotiation training
- Alumni referrals
- Regular industry engagement, such as industry-led professional development workshops and panels
We look forward to helping you be a part of building the future.