Simply put: Data science is here to stay. There are countless opportunities to join in this technological revolution, and the Data Science Institute (DSI) stands at the forefront.
Dedicated career services support is an integral part of our Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS) program. From building relationships with employers to pursuing personalized career coaching, the Data Science Institute provides students with dedicated support in their journeys toward fulfilling careers in data science.
We offer students in the Master of Science in Data Science program career support tailored to their unique needs, and provide a wealth of opportunities for them to learn, connect, and grow. We do that through:
- Industry-led technical talks
- One-on-one career coaching by an experienced and certified career services professional
- Skill development workshops
- DSI Career Week (a curated three-day career readiness bootcamp, led by recruiters and data scientists from various industries)
- Career treks to San Francisco, New York City, and Washington, DC
- Happy hours in various cities, including Austin, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, and Washington, DC
- Data science meetups
- Professional development funding (for conferences, certifications, etc.)
- Career events, such as career fairs, résumé reviews, technical interview prep, LinkedIn and Github reviews, and offer package negotiation training
- Alumni referrals
- Regular industry engagement, such as industry-led professional development workshops and panels
Prospective student? Get in touch with DSI Admissions.
Current student? Get in touch with DSI Associate Director of Career Services Reggie Leonard.